1998 Hamer Mirage Maple Top

At the time I purchased this guitar, I thought that 25.5" scale guitars were the best.  Even the PRSs that I owned were 25" scale.  This Hamer was a classic Fender scale of 25.5" (as was my Gibson Chet Atkins Country Gentleman).

The guitar was constructed flawlessly and played great, and sounded fantastic.  I played it for a few gigs at Moose McGillycuddys as a back up when I was breaking brand new sets of D'Addarios on my Parker Fly Deluxe (it was around this time that I decided never to use D'Addarios again).

There was a weird thing about the case though.  Every time I put this guitar in the case and left it for awhile, something was causing the chrome or nickel parts to oxidize.  I assume it was the case lining slowly giving off some kind of gas, but I'm not sure.  It was weird and the only time I've ever seen that happen.

I sold this guitar a while ago.

Comments

Popular Posts