1987 Fender Stratocaster (made in Korea)

After owning a couple of "super-Strats", I really wanted something a little more traditional.

Back in 1987, there was a shop called Nadine's Music in the Gentry Pacific Center.  At the time, Richard Natto was working there and I would visit the shop quite a bit.  Richard sold me this Fender Strat, which was their standard line which was now being made in Korea.  It was a pretty cool Strat, it was black with a rosewood fingerboard, and it played quite well.

Nadine's closed a few years later, and Richard Natto went on to play with the Society of Seven, a position that I believe he still occupies today.  He's a great musician and a really nice guy.

I later sold this Strat to my friend Dean, before he moved away to the mainland.  Unfortunately there are no pics of this guitar, but here's one I found on the internet.  Mine was labelled Fender, not Squier.


Comments

Popular Posts