1994 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24

Back in 1994, Hot Licks had a sale where if you bought a case, you could get a PRS Custom 24 for half price.  They had a whale blue one and a root beer stain one.  I think I bought this guitar from Dan when he was at Hot Licks.

This guitar was really nice.  I played it at a show at Anna Banana's, where we had a party for my friend Danny.  At the time, I think we had two bands that were thrown together.  One was with Derek, Caroline, Dean, Danny and Kevin.  I think the other was me, Chris and Danny.

At the time, I was playing an ADA MP-1 and Microtube rack with a Marshall 1912 1x12 cabinet.  My rack power amp shut down, so I borrowed Derek's Mesa for the second band I played with.

I played this guitar for a few years later but ended up selling it at Island Guitars to fund my Marshall DSL50 purchase.  This is not the actual guitar, but a picture I found on the internet that looked identical.  It had a 10-top and birds with a rosewood fretboard, and black back, sides and headstock.


Comments

Popular Posts